Here are some of the recalls and warnings from this past week of note:
1. Gore Bicycle Brake Cables: May cause brake failure. Learn more here.
2. GTC Advance Extra Grip Tires. Line: AR215. Size: P235/75R15 LT. Find out more here.
3. Lenovo ThinkCentre Desktop Computers. Fire hazard from overheating of an internal component in the power supply. Learn more here.
4. Skin Creams with Mercury. Skin lighteners and anti-aging creams manufactured abroad found to have mercury in them. Find out more here.
5. Meijer improperly disposes of recalled items by selling them to discounters, who, in turn, sell them to the public. Dollar stores, flea markets, thrift stores and other discount retailers are involved. Products include:
– Innovage Discovery Kids Animated Marine and Safari Lamps
– Infantino “SlingRider” Baby Slings
-Hoover WindTunnel T-Series™ Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaners with Cord Rewind Feature
-Fisher-Price Ocean Wonder Kick & Crawl™ Aquarium (H8094)
-Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand ‘n Play Rampway
-Fisher-Price Barbie Tough Trikes (Model: M5727)
-Fisher-Price Kawasaki Tough Trikes (Model: N6021)
-Munchkin Bathtub Subs
-Sassy Refreshing Rings Infant Teethers/Rattles
Here is more information.
Dangerous and defective products are responsible for many injuries and deaths nationwide. Our profession calls this area of law products liability. Consulting an attorney experienced in handling these matters is usually easy. Most lawyers will provide a complimentary initial consultation to evaluate a claim or case and let the person know if they can help.
This consumer protection information is provided by Louisville, Kentucky attorney Will Nefzger, a partner at Bahe Cook Cantley & Nefzger PLC.