Here are some of the product recalls, news and warnings from this past week of note:
1. DuPont herbicide Imprelis. Imprelis causes the death of trees. DuPont pulled Imprelis and the Environmental Protection Agency banned it. A class action against Dupont has been filed and they expect the amount of the claims to potentially reach $575 million. More information can be found here.
2. Innovage Discovery Kids Animated Marine and Safari Lamps. Hazard is fire from electrical short-circuiting and sparking. More information here.
3. TBC Corporation Big Foot and Mirada tires. A manufacturing anomaly could cause a crack or separation in the lower sidewall. Brand names, lines and sizes can be found here.
4. Bedford Laboratories Leucovorin Calcium Injection. Hazard is the existence of particulate matter that can lead to adverse reactions including vein infection, tissue infarction, severe pulmonary issues, occlusion of capillaries and arteries, anaphylactic shock and death. Learn more here.
5. Buona Vita, Inc. frozen meat. Danger is potential Listeria contamination. Find more specifics, including brand names, description and case code numbers here.
6. Maquet Critical Care AB and MAQUET Medical Systems USA FLOW-i Anesthesia Systems. Danger is a software glitch and malfunction may prevent the device from switching to ventilation mode. More detailed information here.
7. Care Fusion 2200 Inc. Airlife Infant Breathing Circuit. Hazard is a spontaneous crack of the Y adapter, which could cause a leak in the ventilation system leading to a decrease in the tidal volume delivered. Adverse reactions include serious injury and death. Description, including lot numbers and manufacturing dates, found here.
Dangerous and defective products are responsible for many injuries and deaths nationwide. Our profession calls this area of law products liability. Consulting an attorney experienced in handling these matters is usually easy. Most lawyers will provide a complimentary initial consultation to evaluate a claim or case and let the person know if they can help.
This consumer protection information is provided by Louisville, Kentucky attorney Will Nefzger, a partner at Bahe Cook Cantley & Nefzger PLC.