Holiday Inn Sued Over Carbon Monoxide Leak
A man who claims a carbon monoxide leak left him with health problems is suing a West Virginia hotel and several other companies. Carbon Monoxide complaints seem to be a trend that is being seen around the country on a much more frequent basis. The media has reported that the recent lawsuit was filed by Bain Edmondson and his wife, Dawn Edmondson.
The lawsuit that was filed last week is not the first to be filed over a confirmed leak at the Holiday Inn Express Hotels Suite in South Charleston, S.C. Tragically, a second case was filed by the widow of a Rhode Island man who was killed by the leak.
Investigators say an exhaust pipe became dislodged due to improper installation of a heating unit for the hotel's swimming pool. No one on behalf of the Holiday Inn Express in question has given a comment.